An opportunity has arisen to join one of our award winning client as a Senior Buyer. You will report directly to the Head of Commercial and have line management responsibilities for 2 direct reports. As a team, you will be responsible for the timely ordering of all materials as required by site teams for all developments within the region. Projects are all bespoke and include new build residential developments ranging form large scale schemes to smaller executive housing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
* Effective liaison with site teams and suppliers to obtain materials/ products according to specification and site requirements.
* Analysis of rate received against market comparisons to determine the optimum price for requirements.
* Analysis of specification to determine suitability and/or possible alternatives.
* Compile and distribute enquiries to relevant suppliers in order to obtain prices/rates for required materials/services as per contract documents
* Dealing with supplier invoice queries, communicating with site and supplier in order to find an amicable conclusion
* Filing of orders, addenda and supporting information for future reference
* Negotiate with suppliers in order to achieve the most commercially viable supply to site
* Raise material/asset/stock/plant/sub-contract orders
* Review of drawings/specification to assess possible alternative products/methods that could reduce the time/cost of the build or provide a better value end product.
Skills & Experience
As a successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience as a Senior /Materials Buyer or equivalent role
* People management experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* High level of analytical skills
* Excellent negotiating ability
* Strong project co-ordination skills
* CSCS Card (desirable)
* Full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel to variable sites