Lab Architects has an opportunity for a project architect to join its studio in London.
You will need a minimum of five years proven professional and job-running experience across all work stages. Excellent design sensibilities, extensive hands-on job-running, project management and site experience are essential in this important client facing role working primarily but not exclusively on private residential projects.
Established in 2001 LAB Architects is an RIBA chartered practice based in London. At Lab we believe that all buildings are about people; how we live and work now and how we would like to do so in the future. Our enthusiastic and creative team work collaboratively from our inspiring studio location in Chelsea.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work successfully as part of a small professional team and build relationships with clients, design professionals and contractors in order to deliver projects from inception to completion. They should show design flair, be able to produce drawn technical information accurately and efficiently, be competent at writing specifications, work in a proactive and cheerful manner, display a ‘can do’ attitude and take on project architect duties fully and effectively.
Candidates must have:
- the equivalent of five years’ professional experience, excellent design capabilities and communication skills
- experience of working on high end residential projects
- outstanding design talent and technical knowledge and meticulous detailing ability
- the ability to work across all RIBA work stages
- working knowledge of MicroStation
- the ability to manage a professional team
- proven client management skills
- a ‘can-do’ attitude and a good team player
- the ability to work well under pressure