Multi award-winning luxury tree house company based in East Sussex is looking for an experienced and talented Part ll architect to join our talented in-house design team. The ideal candidate must be passionate and dedicated to the profession and demonstrate a keen eye on the development of new solutions in line with the office ethos. We are trying to build something special and are looking for someone who shares the same vision and dedication.
Our team specialises in imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavour to create a balance between humanity and the environment in both the private and commercial sectors.
Current works across South Asia and Europe include landscape driven structures for playgrounds, school campuses, forests, cultural heritage, amongst others, in design development.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of timber frame construction is essential, preferably at least 2 years’ experience, with excellent technical detailing, drawing, specifications and materials including bespoke joinery. Fully conversant with Building Regulations and possess the ability to implement.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience post qualification involvement through all stages of design.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD 2D, Revit and SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite
- Be creative, proactive, organised and efficient.
- Thrive within a fast-paced dynamic environment and manage priorities across multiple projects.
- Articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly and in a graphically engaging way.
- Have worked on a project from concept to completion in the UK.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of construction and detailing.
- Be familiar with all RIBA work stages.
- Be fluent in English and demonstrate you can legally work in the UK.
- Have great verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Understand Blue Forest’s design philosophy and have sensitivity with technical knowledge.
Blue Forest gives you the opportunity to challenge and develop yourself creatively and technically within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment. We offer long-term prospects to advance your career within our design network.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Start date: Immediate start
Type of Contract: Permanent Full Time
Please apply via email, including a copy of your current CV & portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 10MB, with clear indication of your role on every project listed), to email@example.com Please indicate any notice period if applicable, and a brief description why you feel you should be a part of our team.
We try to get back to all applicants, however sometimes due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact suitable candidates.
UK based applicants only. Must live locally to Tunbridge Wells and have own transport due to rural location.