Are you an ambitious low-mid Geotechnical/ Geo-environmental Engineer, looking to be mentored towards a Senior position and chartered status with the added opportunity to build your own team around you? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
My client is a privately-owned remediation contractor based near Manchester. Due to expansion they are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer, who can hit the ground running. The varied role will form an essential link between the office and site teams whilst further developing the capabilities and services of the geotechnical department.
Your Time at Work
This is a multi-disciplined role and will encompass a broad range of responsibilities associated with the technical and operational delivery of both site and office-based work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Looking after a number of sites, demonstrating excellent health and safety standards
- Overseeing earthworks compliance, reviewing and writing specifications
- Production of Technical reports and documents
- Assisting in the design and planning of remediation schemes
- Planning and undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessment and intrusive investigation works
- Undertaking geotechnical/remediation verification testing and interpretative reporting
- Undertaking geo-environmental monitoring (Gas, Groundwater etc.)
- Liaison with statutory authorities and other stakeholders
- Subcontractor selection and management
- Delivery of projects safely and within budget
- Development of geotechnical department, its capabilities, services and business opportunities.
Our Perfect Worker
- Hold a relevant Degree in Engineering, Environmental sciences or Geology
- 2-5 years' experience within the geotechnical, remediation and/or geo-environmental consultancy/contracting industries
- Geotechnical information interpretation and works specification design
- Have experience or knowledge of geotechnical engineering including exposure to soil mechanics, geotechnical validation and foundation design
- First class analytical and technical writing abilities
- A flexible and collaborative attitude to solving problems in a non-hierarchal environment.
- Sound communication and writing skills (English)
- Full valid UK Driving License
Key Information and Benefits
- Competitive salary - dependent on experience
- Direct mentoring from experienced chartered engineers/geologists with encouragement to achieve chartered status
- Non hierarchal company structure
- Bespoke training programmes
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Holidays: 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefits
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline