Work Location: NBVC Point Mugu, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Specific experience in the use of automatic test sets and ability to troubleshoot systems to the component level.
- Technician may also perform organizational level repair of existing aircraft systems to include: structures, propulsion systems, electrical harness assemblies and components and instrumentation.
- Must be able to plan and conduct work from schematics, drawings, technical directives and aviation publications.
- Fabricate metal & fiberglass parts based upon engineering concepts & create soft tooling to support limited manufacturing of these parts
- Journeyman skills to repair both fiberglass & metal parts with significant damage & restore to Ready-For-Use condition
- Experience with adhesives used to bond various materials, and associate hazards while using these adhesives
Skills in reading engineering drawings, specifications & technical writing which will include:
- Understanding technical drawings, manufacturing instructions and process specification to fabricate & assemble composite & metal parts
- In-depth knowledge of Naval Aviation maintenance practices to properly disassemble and reassemble several aerial target types
- Technical writing skills to document new manufacturing and/or assembling instructions for new designs developed in-house
Skill in providing in service engineering support tasks for all ATTT target activities which include:
- Ability to independently plan & support efforts including timelines, inputs to cost estimates required parts & equipment, shipping & travel arrangements and coordination with the end user.
- Works in a technical capacity as a team member or team on frequent trips to field activities & vendors.
Conditions will vary. Most work accomplished in enclosed buildings. They will include 35% standing, 35% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, and 5% lifting. The employee must be capable of lifting 50-100 pounds assisted by other employees. Travel required on a routine basis but work location will normally be NAWCWD Point Mugu or China Lake.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 Experience (Experience in a military environment or on a military facility preferred) in the operation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment in a military environment.
- Two years experience may be substituted for classroom training in electronics (Military or Trade School).
- Forklift Experience
- Current US Driver License.
U.S. Citizenship and must have current SECRET clearance with PR completed in the last 4 years. Must provide an updated sf86.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and
Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.