Alpha Corporation, a full-service woman-owned firm, provides civil/structural engineering, program/construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types and heavy infrastructure projects. Assignments have encompassed providing these services for a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises/partnerships, Fortune 500/Global 1000 companies, institutions of learning, commercial developers, energy companies, contractors, architects, and more. Overall, the firm s project portfolio exceeds $50B in program constructed value for the past 35 years. Alpha Corporation s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers. Alpha Corporation s mission is to provide innovative and sustainable solutions for the lifecycle of building and infrastructure projects through the integration of best-practice engineering, program/construction management, project controls, and technology. For more information, visit .Senior Structural Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the planning, development, and completion of condition inspection, studies and designs for engineering projects. Shall:
Background and Experience
- Exhibit a high level of engineering knowledge and skills. Implements skills into highly complex designs.
- Organize and review investigations of existing conditions for implementation into design.
- Organize and conduct feasibility and planning exercises.
- Direct calculations, designs, and project document preparation.
- Write and review clear and concise technical statements and reports.
- Organize and implement delivery of project submittals.
- Coordinate work product with other team members including architects, engineers, and clients.
- Provide guidance, oversight, and mentoring to engineers.
- Receive project scope and budget and coordinates work to be in conformance.
A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree is required. Advanced degree is desirable. Professional Engineering licensure is required. A minimum of 6 years of experience in engineering work is mandatory. Requires the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment. Requires good oral and written communication skills. Must have ability to obtain low level security clearances.Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Associated topics: building engineer, compute, construction, design engineer, drafter, draw, material, stability, structural, structural designer