Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The London location of WATG is hiring a Senior Architectural Designer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Designer is responsible for designing, interpreting, and coordinating large scope complex design projects through all phases of design development. This individual demonstrates creativity, foresight, and maturity in design judgment when anticipating and solving design complexities.
This position provides design direction, oversees design presentations, monitors project design development and support to ensure consistent and high-quality design firm wide. This position is responsible for establishing client relationships, directing and monitoring all design activities. The Senior Designer should have extensive experience in all phases of design, including substantial experience in Design management.
The Senior Designer is expected to demonstrate professionalism, high standards and sound judgment. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
This position requires a degree. in Architecture and extensive years of experience in designing large architectural projects including urban and 5 star resort hotels, high end residential. Extensive experience in working as a designer internationally. Revit experience is a plus. It is essential for the Senior Designer to have client management skills, strong sketching skills, project management, and negotiation experience. This position must have leadership experience and the ability to manage multiple project priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Excellent presentation skills are required. Travel is required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides leadership for entire design process to ensure design continuity
- Creates, develops and implements project design concepts
- Establishes and maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
- Assures design conforms to contractual agreement with client
- Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing design staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Understands and implements processes to reduce risks and exposure
- Monitors initial design through completion of construction
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members
- Will perform other project and duties as assigned by the Senior Leader.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
CV and Portfolio must be submitted to be considered.