Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
An essential role within the Business Insurance Interaction Center and responsible for identifying and pursuing new business growth opportunities for the National Sales Center & Service Center, as well as acting as the primary steward of establishing and fostering strong relationships with existing customers. Under broad oversight, this role serves as a key strategic thought leader within Business Insurance Small Commercial Operations.
- Responsible for building relationships, cross sell available programs, and delivering results in a metric driven operating environment in alignment with business plans. Will actively lead our business development function in an effective, purposeful, and well-organized manner.
- Directly responsible for generating opportunities to acquire new business and drive retention through development activities, selling the value proposition of the programs, overseeing the effectiveness and marketability of program components.
- Must effectively balance the accountabilities of the role between new customer strategy, relationship growth, implementing strategies to attract new customers and grow relationships with current customers to generate revenue with customer experience, cost effectiveness and employee engagement in a sales and service center environment.
- Utilizing industry experience this leader will have direct influence in the development of operations sales organization.
- Ability to leverage key business partnerships with critical thinking skills that connects frontline delivery with the overarching business vision.
- Ability to lead through influence is a key element of success, with emphasis on empowering, developing, and growing a high performing team. This role does not manage others.
- Works under Broad Oversight:
- Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and establishes the methods to attain them.
- Generally the incumbent is in charge of an area of work and typically formulates policy for this area, but may have final authority for approving policy.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering results against key operating elements of the BI Interaction Center business plans by leading a multi-site organization that balances generating revenue with customer experience, cost effectiveness and employee engagement in a sales and service center environment.
- Works closely with Business Insurance Field leadership partners and Business Insurance business heads to develop, establish, and execute ensure effective cross organizational strategies and maximization of opportunities.
- Responsible for business development opportunities for new business sales, service center penetration and market consolidation.
- Expands the service center base with management of sales process and production results while delivering value add services and top-notch customer experience.
- Creatively implements a test and learn approach to sales execution to quickly adapt in a fluid consumer centric marketplace.
- Works across Business Insurance and the broader Travelers enterprise to build a long-term delivery model that ensures business success and customer loyalty.
- Partners with business owners to represent Travelers' operational service capability to external and prospective clients.
- Works extensively with external and/or internal contacts to achieve the following results: Identifies new business opportunities and develops contacts necessary to create marketing opportunities.
- Develops marketing literature and other materials to be used in promotional events and for use in actual marketing presentations
- Attends and coordinates visits with potential new customers
- Acts as point for developing and maintaining service relationships with Agents & Brokers.
- Partners with other business units, as appropriate, to support/implement marketing initiatives.
- Acts as Service Center steward for service reputation management:
- Coordinates interaction, including face-to-face visitations, as needed, with potential customers.
- Ensures the Interaction Centers maintain appropriate, consistent visibility to encourage growth and retention
- Partners with service center leadership to ensure that operational strategies are aligned with business development strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
4 years Sales experience required
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Insurance Industry experience preferred Bachelor's degree preferred 6 years of contact center work experience preferred 4 years of sales management experience preferred Demonstrated experience impacting business in customer-focused field environment Thorough knowledge in people management, strategic thinking, conflict management, communication, organizational and presentation skills Thorough knowledge in managing complex programs and interconnected projects
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Demonstrated strong analytic and decision making skills. Performance Orientation: Metrics-driven executive with responsibility for developing and accountable for managing the team within appropriate business controls. Comfortable with monthly and annual commitments for revenue generation, production, expense and employee productivity. Leadership: Acts as a champion of change and innovation while enabling others to achieve their full potential. Sets the highest personal and professional standards and inspires others to do the same. Demonstrates personal drive and sense of urgency. Management of Resources: Seeks and maintains the highest levels of efficiency and productivity by influencing workflows and campaign design models. Understands and conveys the value and effective application of knowledge, time and technology. Utilizes compensation and alternative incentive approaches to achieve and maintain a high satisfaction/high performance environment. Encourages and ensures diversity. Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous high-impact priorities. Business and Organizational Knowledge: Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the business supported. Detects and anticipates markets and business climate changes and acts accordingly. Maintains a broad understanding of both our corporation and the competition. Knowledge of insurance industry, contact center operations and facility management. Knowledge of audit criteria and processes to assure regulatory compliance. Communication Skills: Interacts effectively with all audiences both internal and external. Communicates constructively, logically, concisely and in a manner which encourages open and continuous communication. Establishes and provides a clear vision of the future and translates the vision into realistic business strategies for the sales and service center. Consistently sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Building Teamwork: Consistently recognizes and rewards examples of cooperation and sharing. Promotes consensus decision making whenever and wherever it is appropriate. Excellent training and organizational development skills. Demonstrates commitment to diversity and maximization of organizational talent that is team oriented and customer service focused. Take responsibility for individual and collective team leader motivation, growth and professional development through personal example.
Travel - Frequently
Operates standard office equipment - Frequently Sitting (Can stand at will) - Frequently Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Frequently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE