Data Center Construction Owners Representative / Project Manager manages all aspects of enterprise-sized data center infrastructure construction projects; -- including multiple large ground-up campus projects and retro-fit projects. Ideal candidate must be able to juggle multiple constructions projects at one site, and also possess demonstrated ability to oversee vendor compliance to construction agreements, while also having the ability to manage the overall project budget & schedule for large, complex projects. Strong knowledge of MEP construction management with college degree is highly desirable. Most importantly, the ideal candidate demonstrates a sense of ownership for the work, and his performance will be partially evaluated based upon that sense of ownership and responsibility.
* Create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and Key Project Milestones, then update and enforce team compliance during project life
* Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
* Contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
* Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's PM and legal counsel, including establishment of design consultants and all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
* Design Team coordination to Client's pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards
* Assist with City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
* Value Engineering - Value Engineering - proactively identify ways to perform work more efficiently, and for less money
* Project Cash Planning and Cash flow projections
* Assist client in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling of all Owner-direct vendors and consultants, including internal vendors (IT, security, etc.)
Construction & Project Administration
* Manage General Contractor; i.e. - including compliance with construction contracts, contract budget, changes, payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within their construction contract.
* Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review, negotiations, recommendations, and delay analysis
* Value Engineering
* Budget Management and Tracking
* Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
* Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
* QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
* Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
* Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
* Tracking of project documents, including submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
* Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
* Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of project
* Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to completion and final reporting
Close out / Fit Up
* Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance
* Knowledge of the 5 levels of Data Center Commissioning
* Enforce compliance to those 5 levels.
* Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close out documents until completion, including warranties, "as-builts", O&M manuals, etc.
* Assist A/E team with entitlements/ permitting and occupancy with local government.
* Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
* Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
* Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc
* Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
* Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors,
Consultants and internal vendors, including furniture, IT, security, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum (4) four years of related construction project management experience and/or training. Critical Data center environment preferred
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.