Hiring Journeyman Electrician In Charleston SC
Helpers with 2 years experience also needed
Licensed & Unlicensed
Per-diem not available for Charleston project
Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, generators, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations. Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions. Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of installations.
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place raceways inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Pay starting at $24 Hourly
Must be able to work 40-60 Hours Weekly
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 /hour with room for advancement
Electrical Apprentice,Commercial Apprentice Electricians