Populous is looking for an architectural designer to join its London practice.
We are seeking an architectural designer RIBA Part-II or equivalent with large scale stadia experience to join our London studio working on a variety of high profile sports and entertainment projects. Your advanced computational and parametric design skills will set you apart and allow you to produce complex geometrical design packages.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- master’s degree in architecture or equivalent
- prior experience of working on large scale stadia projects at varying design stages
- an ability to produce complex geometric designs using advanced 3D visualisation and parametric modelling skills in Grasshopper and Dynamo
- proficient user of other CAD packages including Revit and Rhino -both essential
- excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- strong organisational skills to manage a varied design workload and conflicting demands
You will also have specialist knowledge of stadium bowl design which includes the following:
- a sound understanding of complex geometry to assist with the delivery of cladding packages
- coordination of seating bowl models in Revit
- an appreciation of bowl design layouts in relation to TV broadcasting and all other media
Knowledge of the professional sports industry in other geographical regions is also highly desirable.
The deadline for applications is 20 December 2017.
If you would like to join our highly collaborative and creative team please send your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Pop1711 and also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK and salary expectation.
Your full application should not exceed 8MB.
With offices on the banks of the River Thames, five minutes’ walk from Putney High Street, Populous employees enjoy a full range of workplace benefits, as well as the opportunity to attend events at a number of our London venues, including the O2 Arena, Arsenal and Emirates Stadiums.