AU Architects is seeking an architect/technician or project manager to join its London-based team.
Reporting to: Director
Purpose of role
Produce technical drawings, specifications and production information for tenders and the construction phase of projects. Applicants should have strong design skills and excellent technical knowledge with a min one-three years practice experience in working on RIBA Stages 4-7 on a variety of UK-based projects including private houses and small residential apartment conversions. You will be working in a small team with the opportunity to take ownership on projects. Excellent design skills and technical knowledge are essential including using AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite in a working environment.
Key responsibilities (will include but are not limited to):
- preparation of production information for tender and construction packages
- prepare drawings, documents and specifications for RIBA Stages 4-7
- understand current building/planning legislation and building regulations as well as have an understanding of future regulations coming into effect within the industry
- keep up to date with CDM & CPD responsibilities specific to your role and qualifications
- research and develop solutions to architectural problems accepting responsibility for tasks and project work allocated to them. This should include researching project briefs, researching construction products/materials and understanding the fundamentals of technical detailing and design decisions
- liaise with other consultants and disciplines to ensure coordinated and well-resolved integration of structural and building services solutions that complement the architectural intent
- attend design team and site meetings where appropriate.
- site inspections – liaison with contractors and subcontractors, site procedures and documentation
- successfully communicate to clients, contractors and other consultants ensuring the level of information/discussion is appropriate to the audience. This should include discussion of fundamental design concepts and principles through to technical detailing and the appliance of technology
- time management in the preparation of design work and working to client deadlines is essential
- Adobe Creative Suite – beneficial to have Photoshop and InDesign skills to assist on any feasibility and/or planning design and access statements if they arise
- Microsoft Office
- 3D Sketch Up (V-ray plugin experience beneficial)