Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The London location of WATG is hiring an Architect.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Architect position is responsible for assisting the Senior Project Architect and Project Architect in designing small to mid-size projects. The Architect position assists in the development of the project design, production of presentation drawings, sketches and assists in solving design complexities. This individual must demonstrate creativity and good design judgment.
This position is expected to demonstrate professionalism, high standards and sound judgment. It is essential to develop your knowledge in architecture and to support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists with development and implementation of project design concepts
- Produces presentation drawings, sketches and renderings
- Supports follow-through of initial design through completion of construction
- Creates, develops and implements project design concepts
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- An architecture license is required, RIBA, part lll.
- Must have plus 5 years of professional experience
- Must be procificent in Revit, AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign
- It is essential for the Architect position to demonstrate creativity and knowledge of architectural project through all phases.
- Presentation skills are required and ability to travel.
- The ablility to lead a team and project running experience
- Strong graphical presentation/drawing/technical design and detailing skills
- Experience in hospitality and high-end residential projects
Not withstanding the above the employee will be expected to carry out those duties normally associated with the proper performance of the role of an Architect and other activities which are reasonably incidental to his or her principal job. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.